While part of the empire, each former city state became the seat of its own province, and a general peace was upheld for about 250 years, despite periodic uprisings and border disputes.
Since the Cataclysm, these provinces have declared themselves independent monarchies and tensions have resumed.
Main countries / City-states:
- Shadenthel city Pop: 25,000
- Lanstoret city: 8,500
- Mostly humans with some halflings.
- Maritime culture.
- Mainly seafood diet.
- Famous local grog. Very strong.
- Export salt.
- Abandoned high elf city in the north.
- Raise pearls.
- Significant navy--heavily taxes ships that stopover.
- Lots of pirates.
- Honor Mannanen.
- Menstad city population: 9,000
- The northwest peninsula in the Trineveld.
- High cliffs and mountains drop down to flat plains below.
- Strong winds.
- Lots of windmills.
- The people here use gliders to fly.
- Very rural area.
- Have a leader called the 'lord' and and elders' council.
- Honor Bahamut and Ceres.
Ter / Vin
- Ter population: 20,000
- Vin population: 21,000
- Mostly human.
- Worship Ceres and Olidammara.
- Historically rivals.
- Currently in trade alliance.
- Strong black market in Ter.
- Both are festival cities. Rival each other.
- Women often go topless.
- Lots of rogues and bards.
- Haelden population: 52,000
- Keltaw population: 18,000
- Strong navy
- Often wars with neighbors.
- At war with Shadenthel.
- Cold war with Taneth.
- Very militant.
- Lots of coal and iron.
- Produces excellent steel.
- High quality weapons. (Masterwork+1)
- Belligerent king.
- Allied dwarf community in the mountains.
- Secretly training battle mages.
- Recruiting sorcerers.
- Employ spies to steal tech and intel.
- Have possible connections to the underdark.
- Worships Pelor, Mannanen, and Trithereon.
- Taneth population: 65,000
- Pren population: 20,000
- Lanset population: 28,000
- Strong ally of Panteau.
- Mostly human. Some halflings.
- Puppet state.
- Point of transport across the Gallentel Bridge.
- Richest and most advanced country in the Trineveld.
- Maintain a significant navy around the bridge.
- Control taxes going through the bay.
- Arquebuses are common in the military.
- Vheepra is officially endorsed.
- Magic is outlawed.
- Ceres and Pelor still popular among the populace.
- People are known to be honest and hard-working.
- Tanethian products are renowned for their high quality.
- People are obsessed with godstone and new tech.
- There is a fair amount of tech in the cities. (Panteau keeps it well guarded).
- Military not all that strong.
- Abandoned high elf dwellings.
- Still a few high elves here and there.
- Talenvel population: 18,000
- Independent but forcefully allied to Haelden.
- Haelden has troops garrisoned throughout province.
- Highly rural and pastoral.
- Nensal population: 28,000
- Was once an important port.
- Has been vastly depleted.
- Trade unfairly taxed by Tanteth.
- Lots of rogues and thieves.
- Lots of spies.
- Dangerous city.
- Smuggling is big.
- Large black market.
- Secret alliance with Haelden.
- Large areas are abandoned.
- Dentev population: 43,000
- One of the oldest countries.
- Home to the Knights of the Triskelion.
- Used to be important stopping point on Great Western Road.
- Former seat of the Duke of the Trineveld.
- Population drastically decreased since cataclysm.
- Now very isolated.
- Has been raided from the borderlands.
- Governed by the church of Tritheron.
- Theocracy: very pious.
- One central city.
- Small villages along the road.
- Many farms.
- Fairly settled.
- Some areas raided and burned.
- High priest is the ruler.
- Ceres honored as well.
- Faysl population: 12,000
- Seen as a backwater.
- Very wild area.
- Areas around cities are patrolled.
- Rivals with Rethel.
- Allied to Hase.
- Rethel population: 31,000
- Wood elves to the north.
- A bit of a backwater.
- Rival with Faysl.
- Ruled by a usurper king.
- Tentative ally to Panteau.
- Fas population: 25,000
- Lots of warlocks.
- Ruled by warlock.
- Vecna worship common.
- Alliance with blood slavers.
- Slave trade common.
- Panteau secretly ships criminals and undesireables.
- Much of the original population decimated.
- Now a very dark city.
- Drow not uncommon.
Granl population: 14,000
Yewn population: 28,000
A small country made up mostly of farmers.
Thyne population: 42,000
Important port city.
Grows apples, makes cider.